The company put down its roots in 1811, when the first factory was built in Weisslingen.
It was a spinning mill until 1866, when Kaspar Moos-Junker took over the company, introducing the mechanical weaving. Some years later, he also introduced a dyeing machinery system. This was one of the most significant steps in the history of Hausammann+Moos 1811, since it made possible the whole internal production of high-quality piece-dyed fabrics, directly monitoring all the production processes.
After some years of difficulty, but of hard work, it merged with Hausammann Textil AG Winterthur, a company founded in 1911 – that’s how Hausammann+Moos was born.
In 2015 it was acquired by Canclini Tessile S.p.A., an Italian company founded in 1925 and known worldwide for its men-shirting fabric quality, becoming therefore Hausammann+Moos 1811 Textile AG.
The synergy between the two brands and the union of their know-how have allowed the Swiss company to expand its fabric offer with yarn-dyed items.